Frequently Asked Questions

What do the monthly fixed charges pay for?
The fixed charge is the minimum amount necessary to keep the entire water and wastewater system and services available for both home use and fire protection, including all necessary maintenance and upgrades.

When is my meter read?
Meters will be read on or around the 1st of the month for the preparation of regular bills, and as required for the preparation of opening bills, closing bills and special bills.

Why am I billed if I don't live here full-time and/or I never use water?
We recognize that some property owners only use their homes occasionally. However, the water and wastewater systems must be continually maintained to ensure that when the home is used the systems are operational and can provide water, adequate production and storage capacities for fire protection, and are capable of accepting and treating wastewater. Failure to do so would result in inadequate water supply, fire danger, collection system spills and wastewater treatment plant overflows.

What options are available for high consumption bills?
Payment arrangements can be made by calling the District office at (805) 227-6230 during normal business hours from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.